PBS Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

070111 Tek House Community of Practice

2 posters

Go down

070111 Tek House Community of Practice Empty 070111 Tek House Community of Practice

Post  Admin Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:45 pm

Hurrah! Three line whip to attend please boys and girls - lets make up for missing Decembers in the snow

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://pbstogether.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

070111 Tek House Community of Practice Empty Re: 070111 Tek House Community of Practice

Post  Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:58 am

Top turn out! I'll post my notes when I get a second. geek
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

070111 Tek House Community of Practice Empty Tizard

Post  Helen Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Notes would be great - I can use them for my portfolio then!!! Tony tells me he's signed up now as well - he will be a fountain of wonderful knowledge for us to share.
Have spread the word again this week at Tizard - hopefully Mandy from First Call will be coming and she may bring Tom and Robert too. Also spoke to Gail Fisher and she's going to tell Tay about it and see if he wants to join us - the word is spreading, we have the enthusiasm - lets keep this going and growing.

H x
Helen
Helen
Admin

Back to top Go down

070111 Tek House Community of Practice Empty What did we say at the meeting?

Post  Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:53 pm

What happened at the meeting? (I hope people don’t want formal minutes – maybe I shall do each set of notes in the style of some different book. Mills and Boon or JRR Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings or Jane Austen or … suggestions please Wink These notes may or may not reflect the actual discussions. )

Well…

After patting ourselves on the back for turning up in such numbers (8+2apologies) Steve Bailey spoke of his frustration with the way that the systems around us are so NOT person centred.
Discussion followed on ways of making things better and also about ways of making a sort of handbook for the Planning Live component of the course and what that would look like. – A map? A flowchart? – Session 1 is pretty much always a Where are we now? And What do we have already? Session
Session 2 is the Where do we want to be? Where next? Session

Sessions 3,4, and 5+ are more flexible and actually getting this down as a map may well be difficult – some of the sessions were also felt to be a bit “dangerous” in that they may well open a can of worms. And the importance of the pre session one things like GETTING THE RIGHT PEOPLE THERE . Isuues suchs as How would you know if a provider was “Pulling the wool over your eyes?” and how you would deal with that?

Frustration was also expressed with the way Managers of some services do not know what people are entitled to and the way people’s dedicated 1:1 time gets subsumed into the day to day running of shifts. Cohort 3 this is something that is coming up more and more.

The Sustainability conference was then discussed and the possibility of making up some A5 fliers for the community and website to raise awareness.

Keep up the good work people!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

070111 Tek House Community of Practice Empty Re: 070111 Tek House Community of Practice

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum