PBS Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

030611 Community of Practice - Tekhnicon House

2 posters

Go down

030611 Community of Practice - Tekhnicon House Empty 030611 Community of Practice - Tekhnicon House

Post  Admin Tue May 10, 2011 12:42 am

EXTENDED MEETING.

Tony Osgood is coming up for the next TWO meetings Very Happy for a bit of a refresher and to fire us with enthusiasm. Timings for the day 10am- 3pm. study

If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.
Vince Lombardi
US football coach (1913 - 1970)

What a Face
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://pbstogether.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

030611 Community of Practice - Tekhnicon House Empty Re: 030611 Community of Practice - Tekhnicon House

Post  Admin Tue May 31, 2011 8:48 pm

Bump!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

030611 Community of Practice - Tekhnicon House Empty I'll be there!!!

Post  Helen Tue May 31, 2011 9:36 pm

Spoke to Tony yesterday - still on for Friday.
H
He is happy to discuss what extra people still want but this won't happen as part of the CoP it will be an additional day that he gives. (data day that has been agreed with Chris).
The two CoP days are for us to discuss and use his knowledge to sustain and grow the forum. It remains important that the forum is ours to grow as we see fit and that is what he is helping us with.
Hopefully we'll see lots of people on Friday.
Helen
Helen
Admin

Back to top Go down

030611 Community of Practice - Tekhnicon House Empty What did we talk about?

Post  Admin Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:55 am

What didn't we talk about?! This was a 10 - 3pm session and I got dragged out for much of the after lunch bit for an impending crisis.
Discussion covered things like: Noah's tonsils, the "Panorama Effect" of the documentary shown on Tuesday night of abuse in a Bristol hospital for PWLD. Why employers should not be frightened of the CoP potentially being anticompetitive and how the CoP should define itself and grow(though Tony suggests the only constant is change) .

We talked about how we are "Centaurs" with a human half and a Professional/Organisational half (please God the Human bit gets to be at the front, and thinking about this since the end of the day, is it better to be a Centaur with the back end of a donkey or a sphinx with the lion behind you? Suspect
We also burbled on for a bit about targets, "Economic Generation Units", themes for future meetings and the possibility of making the eligibility criteria harder to meet (thereby excluding more people and widening the gap between us and Mental Health.

Tina fed back from the LD Nursing Network from last week and Tony gave us a sneak preview of his new article on Partnership at the OK Corral and we talked about the dangers of being a lone practitioner and the need for INTERDEPENDENCE not INDEPENDENCE.

At this point I became too full of cake (thanks Daisy! Very Happy ) to write any more and we called it a day.

Well done everybody cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

030611 Community of Practice - Tekhnicon House Empty well......

Post  Helen Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:04 am

Not as many as I had hoped but still our greatest number to date!!! Thank you everyone who did attend, hopefully everyone found it as useful as I myself did.
The links around the Panorama stuff are in the members section under general discussion.

Tony will be back next month to talk to us about Mindfullness - I'm off to find the link for a freebie download of a book to paste on next months date - it's the one that changed my mind - as Tony so gleefully informed you all! LOL Smile

Lets keep it going guys......
Helen
Helen
Admin

Back to top Go down

030611 Community of Practice - Tekhnicon House Empty Re: 030611 Community of Practice - Tekhnicon House

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down