PBS Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

040211 Mill Road Therapy Centre Community of Practice

2 posters

Go down

040211 Mill Road Therapy Centre Community of Practice Empty 040211 Mill Road Therapy Centre Community of Practice

Post  Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:41 pm

All welcome Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://pbstogether.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

040211 Mill Road Therapy Centre Community of Practice Empty Happening at Tek house just before hand

Post  Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Essex Learning Disabilities Research & Innovation Network

The Essex LD R&I Network meets quarterly. It brings together staff, service users and researchers
to promote and disseminate evidence based Learning Disabilities practice in our area

Friday 4th February 2011
12:00 md to 1:00 pm
(Following the Network meeting from 10:00 am to 12:00 md)
Tekhnicon Centre, Springwood Drive, Braintree, Essex CM7 2YN

Does moral development theory help us to understand criminal offending behaviour in men with intellectual disabilities?

Dr Peter Langdon

Clinical Senior Lecturer
Department of Psychological Sciences
Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia
(and Clinical Psychologist at Broadland Clinic, Little Plumstead)

Please let us know by Wednesday February 2nd if you’d like to come

You can FAXBACK using this form to Annie Hammerton 01376 308740

(Or if you want to reply electronically, double click on the box, click on “checked” and forward the form)

0 I would like to attend the presentation on 4th February at theTekhnicon Centre.
0 I would also like to attend Essex LD R&I Network meeting from 10 am to 12 md
0 Sorry, can’t come to either

Name: ________________________________ Role _____________________________

Organisation ___________________________________ Tel No: ______________________

Address: __________________________ email: _____________________________

If you need directions or further information, please contact:
Annie Hammerton, LD Research & Development Administrator
HPFT North Essex Learning Disabilities Service,
Tekhnicon Centre, Springwood Drive Braintree CM7 2YN
Telephone 01376 308745/9 Mobile 07766 335728
email Annie.hammerton@nhs.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

040211 Mill Road Therapy Centre Community of Practice Empty Re: 040211 Mill Road Therapy Centre Community of Practice

Post  Admin Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 am

I for one may be a little tardy due to the above - and all of the actual work I haven't done this week Embarassed

5 days work and 1 and a half days to do it in. Suspect

D
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

040211 Mill Road Therapy Centre Community of Practice Empty WHAT DID WE DISCUSS?

Post  Helen Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi Folks
Brief notes of what we discussed when we met yesterday. I have put peoples contact details on the members site.
Helen, David, Mandy, Tom, Lesley & Tay.
Tony Osgood sent his regards and best wishes to the group and apologised again for not attending the Sustainability day.
Helen and David briefly explained PFPT and how the group had evolved as the other attendees had not been part of this.
It was a very enthusiastic group of people who met, lone practitioners who would greatly appreciate the support of others in the same situation. We discussed what we wanted to get from the meeting and how we wanted to run it. There was general agreement that it may be useful to have a topic every month that people could contribute to. If during the month people have issues or concerns that they'd like assistance with then this can be posted here in advance and we can all help out in any way we can.
Topics suggested were: Self Injury, Sexuality, Capacity & Consent, Deprivation of Liberty.
It was also suggested that some of our people themselves may like to come and talk to us about some of the topics we have suggested.
Helen told the group that Chris Lawes had said there may be some money for us to buy in guest speakers if we wished to do so.

Tay told us about an Intensive Interaction support group he attended the previous day in Surrey - there is nothing in this area. He said it had been really useful, again to discuss issues and how people are managing to overcome them. We discussd the fear people still had of touch and the implications for organisations, alongside the need to protect both staff and the people we support. Touch is so important. Mandy then talked about rapport and the self rating scores she had done for her last assignment at Tizard and how useful she had found them, and was planning on repeating the exercise with all of the people she supports.
We generally discussed some of the barriers we were finding within our roles and a notable theme is still one of attitudes and core values - not enough of us to role model throughout - how could this be improved - champions etc.

Really positive meeting of people who would never normally meet.

Theme for next meeting which is at Tekhnicon House, Springwood Drive, Braintree. CM7 2YN. on 4th March @ 1.30pm is Self Injury.
Helen apologises in advance as she's having to do her city and guilds teaching course as apparently being a Health (ENB998) and an NVQ assessor is not enough if she wants to teach people about this stuff!!!!

Hope I haven't forgotten anything - feel free to add if I have.
Onwards and upwards guys, lets keep the enthusiasm and support for each other going.
Helen x Smile Very Happy
Helen
Helen
Admin

Back to top Go down

040211 Mill Road Therapy Centre Community of Practice Empty Re: 040211 Mill Road Therapy Centre Community of Practice

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down